1. Start SimpleFont
2. Select the codepage you want to use in the CodePage templates tab of the new project dialog. For creating fonts for the English language choose the WINDOWS-1252 font template. Cick OK on the " New pixel font project with the selected codepage".
3. Click on File | Import TrueType... When importing pixel fonts the importing size should be the size, the font is crisp at. This is usually 8 point for fonts designed for Macromedia Flash. After setting the parameter, click the Ok button.
|The import Font size dialog|
4. Use the Basic tools | Select to select the character from that you want to create modified versions. Click Ctrl + C to copy the character to the clipboard. You can use up to 9 objects on the clipboard. Click Ctrl + 2 , Ctrl + 3 etc to place objects ont he clipboard. Clipboard objects are visible on the clipboards panel.
5. Select the place in the character selection grid with a bouble click where you want to place the modified character. Click Ctrl + V to place the clipboard object. If you have more than one clipboard object use Ctrl + Shift + 2, Ctrl + Shift + 3 etc. to paste these objects.
6. Create the special characters - you want to extend the font with - with the drawing tools explained in Tutorial 1.
|Create the special characters|
7. Set the kerning and line spacing for the characters (for more information see Tutorial 1 Section 5), and export your project to TTF (for more information see Tutorial 1 Section 8).